A student pass is a document issued to a person who wishes to enter and remain in Kenya for the purposes of receiving education or training at an educational or training institution in Kenya. This document is issued under the Kenyan Citizenship and Immigration Regulations 2012(Section 30(1). For persons under the age of 18, this application should be made by their parent or guardian. For one to acquire a student pass, you should have been accepted as a student by an approved education or training establishment. Student passes are valid for 2 years from the date of issue and are renewable. A student pass holders must travel to Kenya within 30 days of their pass’s issuance and must begin school within 30 days of entry.
- A duly filled and signed application form.
- Signed commitment letter from the sponsor.
- A copy of the sponsor’s passport.
- Proof of funds for self-sponsored students.
- A copy of the parent’s and the minor’s passport and the minor’s birth certificate.
- Two (2) recent passport size color photos.
- Duly certified copies of basic academic certificates for those joining Tertiary Institutions and Universities -new cases.
- Copy of the school’s/college registration certificate from the Ministry of Education.