A driving license is an official document permitting the holder to operate a motorized vehicle on a public road. In Kenya, driving licenses are issues to persons who are 18years and above. It is illegal to drive without a valid license. Driving licenses are renewable annually. Foreigners living in Kenya will also need to be issued with a driving license before driving on a public road.
We can help you with:
The whole process can be complicated and tedious and we can make your life much easier by helping you through the process.
- Original Driving License
- 3 Years-Kshs.1, 400
- 1 Year- Kshs.600
- Passport must have a valid re-entry pass or work permit.
. - Original passport.
- Driving license (Int. DL if applicant is not from commonwealth country).
- 2 passport size photos (color).
- Complete application form– VII Basic Job Procedure:
Note: - Langata Link does not follow up on the driving license unless additional messenger fee is paid for each visit to check on its progress.
- Non-common wealth countries e.g. France require the following:
- a) Book a test drive at the KRA – Kshs. 600
b) Copy of passport as well as original passport
- 2 passport size photos (colour).
- Copy of Police Abstract.
- Copy of old license incase is defaced.
- Copy of Passport/ National ID.
Expired – Kshs.1,000
Not Expired – Kshs. 400
- Actual License - up to 3 months (posted to the post address of applicant)
- Receipt of payment will be available the same day
Note: - Langata link does not follow up on the license unless a messenger fee is paid for each visit.
- Complete application form.
- Copy of ID or passport of applicant.
- Applicant has to be 18 years of age.
Note: Issued for only 3 months
- Valid driving license.
- Experience for at least 4 years.
- Certificate of good conduct.
- Copy of passport or ID.
- Signed form from Traffic headquarters– Form XVI
- Original valid Kenya Driving License.
- Complete AA form.
- 2 passport photos.
- Copy of passport or ID
Members - Kshs. 3,480 Non- Members
– Kshs. 6,480 Motor vehicle membership Individual
– Kshs. 4,000/= Commercial Membership
– Kshs. 7,500/= up to 5 (five) vehicles
- Covering letter stating that the vehicle shall be off the road.
- Previous license - Original & P/copy of logbook
- Original & P/copy of ID or passport
Langata link fee Kshs. 2, 000
Completed Application form
- Photocopy of ID card of owner
- Original logbook (for lost cases, one has to take the vehicle to the flying squad for verification)in person and the vehicle
- Old logbook for replacement
- Police abstract (Lost)
Approximately 3 months
Notes: 1. LL does not follow up on the new log book unless a messenger fee is paid for each visit.
- Completed application form
- Original log book
- Police Abstract- if lost
- Copy of ID or Passport - ID or Passport originals when collecting
- Certificate of incorporation in case of company owned vehicles
- Damaged plates when collecting if not a case of lost plates
Langata link fee Kshs. 3,000
- Transfer forms signed by buyer and seller (KRA, Traffic Act- Form C)
- Original log book
- Copy for inspection report for commercial vehicles
- Pin numbers of both buyer & seller
- Copy of both buyer and seller’s ID or passport
- Copy of certificate of incorporation for companies and company stamp on form
. - Valid insurance certificate (Please note that the name of the insured person on the certificate SHOULD BE THE SAME as the name in the log book)
Varies with CC of the vehicle- check attached sheet form C
Approximately 3 Months – For Old Cars
- Completed form
- Old license
- Valid insurance duplicate copy - Foreign vehicle permit
- Carnet form or form issued at the border or port of entry
- In case we are renewing it, we need the expiring tax disc (license)
$100 – 3 Months
$40 – 1 Month
Notes - Maximum renewal period a foreign vehicle permit is three months unless one has a CARNET.
- Completed forms to be taken to Forodha house JKIA For approval accompanied by the vehicle.
Langata link fee Kshs. 1, 500